Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sadness setting in



Over the past couple days we have made time to visit and say our good-byes to some very special friends.  Matt and Elizabeth and Jacob and Joel came over and played with the kids in the pool last night. It was sure nice to spend some time with them. Then Hannah came over. I was especially glad that she got to make some time before she left back for JPUSA. (Take care of yourself and keep in touch). Otto and Laura surprised us with a visit today... THANK YOU! I needed to make time to see them before I left, and the just popped in, so that was great! We got to visit for a while, then I went and seen what they are doing with their home... WOW! You would not even recognize it. ALSO, I am finally getting a REALLY AWESOME man-desk... so I am not taking any of my 3 desks to KY with me... . AND, Matt and Brenda and kids came to play and visit tonight, also. They are so awesome... we really will miss them and all their clan. (VERY sorry we didn't get to see you, Breanna, but we will miss you greatly!)

It really started to hit me today... first time, really. I am really going to miss a LOT of people around here. Me and Shannon were talking last night... we don't remember feeling this way when we left college to move here. We don't remember the anxiety, the heart-ache, etc. This is not easy. But, thankfully, the kids are doing great with it. They are sad, but they are not heart-broken. That makes it so much easier.

There are still others that we will see before Shannon and Alia leave on Wednesday. Not a lot of time... but these are important things.

No comments: