Monday, July 21, 2008

More goodbyes...

Well, another sad departing. We got to see our long-time friends Larry and Rindy. They were probably one of the very first friends we met here. We have grown in relationship with them on so many levels... Larry and I have hunted, trapped, and fished together, our families have played together... Larry and I were youth group leaders together for quite a while... Larry and I worked right next to each other for a year or two... we have even butchered chickens and shoveled horse do-do together... now THAT'S bonding!

It's like Larry said... "you've just always been here..." you know... like we have just always lived here and we knew that we could always see each other. Now, we are leaving and it's kinda like pullin' a tooth. Sad. We sure will miss them. They are very special people. When we left thier house tonight, it was kinda like we were driving away from family. 

It was the last look at Gitchee Gumee that I will see for a while, and she was beautiful. Little swells and small waves, nice cool air coming off the Lake. A few times, I could see my breath. Not that it was COLD, but it was about 65 I guess. When we left, the fog was settling. I told Shannon that it was the same fog we seen when we first visited up here. I seen the fog outside our window one night in the summer and I said, "Oh man, I love this weather... this is where I wanna live!" That was the summer before our last year of college. Then we moved straight to Ironwood and have been here 11 years. Now, 11 years later, it is back to Kentucky!

It's been a good stay here. Lots of great friends, lots of time outdoors and doing things that I wanted to do... this is where we started our family. Lots of good memories.

No comments: